Past Simple / Present Perfect/ Present Perfect Continuous
Test 14 – Test 22
Past Continuous /Past Perfect/ Past Perfect Continuous
Test 23 – Test 27
Gerund / Infinitive
Test 28 – Test 29
Test 30 – Test 33
Test 1 – Test 4
Test 1 – Test 10
Ключи к тестам
Список использованной литературы
В современных условиях широкого развития международных связей практическое владение иностранными языками приобретает очень важное значение. Приобретенные знания, умения и навыки должны обеспечить возможность использовать в своей работе иностранный язык.
Геополитические, коммуникационные и технологические преобразования в обществе на сегодняшний день вовлекают в непосредственное общение (например, через систему интернет) довольно большое количество людей самых разных профессий, возрастов и интересов.
Решающим для развития умения пользоваться иностранным языком является накопление достаточного словарного запаса и овладение грамматикой.
Объектом контроля при изучении иностранных языков является усвоение материала языка.
Тестирование выполняет свою основную функцию – контроль и служит средством измерения различных сторон учебного процесса. При подготовке тестов учитывались современные подходы и концепции: коммуникативные, текстоцентрические, культурологические.
Материал тестов рассчитан на самую широкую аудиторию изучающих английский язык. Он может быть использован и при подготовке к вступительным экзаменам в различные образовательные учреждения, и при подготовке к сдаче экзаменов для получения сертификата на знание языка, и в качестве учебного пособия для поэтапной проверки уровня знания в процессе обучения языку.
Большое внимание в сборнике уделено грамматике – TestYourGrammar. Набор многоуровневых тестовых заданий позволит определить степень и прочность усвоения знаний основных разделов морфологии и синтаксиса английского языка.
В сборнике даны различные по своей структуре тестовые задания, аналогичные тем, что предлагаются на вступительных и сертифицирующих экзаменах в учебных заведениях. Работая с разделами UseofEnglish, ReadingComprehension, Pre-examTestsвы легко сможете понять и усвоить способы такой проверки и быть готовыми к сдаче любого экзамена.
В конце сборника к каждому тесту есть ключи, которые помогут вам проверить правильность ответа и обратят ваше внимание на некоторые моменты, которые следует повторить перед решающим экзаменом.
TEST YOUR GRAMMAR
Present Simple / Present Continuous /
Questions (1). Fill in the blanks.
A) do B) does C) -
___ you like playing chess?
your mother like cooking?
3.Where ___ she live?
4.Where ___ your parents spend their vacation?
5. What ___ your father do in his spare time?
6. What ___ you think of me?
7. When ___ you clean your teeth?
8. When ___ your father go to work?
9. Why ___ they learn poems by heart?
10.Why___ your sister go shopping on Saturdays?
11. Who you always walk your dog with?
12. Who his friend like to play chess with?
13. Who knows the way out?
14. Which of you ___ speaks English fluently?
15. What time ___ you get up?
16. What time ___ your sister come back home?
17. How often ___ you go swimming?
18. How often ___dad come to the club?
19. How much ___ your trousers cost?
20. How much ___ your sweater cost?
21. Whose parents ___ want to help us?
22. Which of your sisters ___ lives in the country?
23. Which letter ___ comes after "I"?
Questions (2). Fill in the blanks. A) do B) does C) is
D) are E) have F) has
1. What subjects ___ she good at?
2. ___ your brother got a camera?
3. ___ your mother like cooking?
4. What floor ___ your bedroom on?
5. ___ your parents in France now?
6. Where ___ the nearest book-store?
7. ___ your friend have any money?
8. Where ___ your uncle work?
9. What sports ___ they fond of?
10. What bike ___ you got?
11. What ___ the weather like today?
12. What languages ___ you speak?
13. ___you like science fiction?
14. What ___ your favourite pop group?
15. What bike ___ she got?
16. How many apples ___ you got?
17. What subject ___ you like best?
18. Where ___ the capital of your country?
19. ___ you know what time it ___ ?
20. How far ___ London from Liverpool?
Present Simple. Choose the correct variant.
1. A) I not usually have lunch at home.
B) I usually have not lunch at home.
C) I doesn't usually have lunch at home.
D) I usually have lunch at home.
A) My friend don't goes to the cinema a lot.
B) My friend not goes to the cinema a lot.
C) My friend goes to the cinema a lot.
D) My friend doesn't goes to the cinema a lot.
3. A) Do his father drive a car very fast?
B) Is his father drive a car very fast?
C) Does his father drives a car very fast?
D) Does his father drive a car very fast?
4. A) Do the shops close at 8 o'clock in the evening?
B) Does the shops close at 8 o'clock in the evening?
C) Do the shops closes at 8 o'clock in the evening?
D) Are the shops close at 8 o'clock in the evening?
5. A) You often play basketball?
B) Do you often play basketball?
C) Is you often play basketball?
D) Are you often play basketball?
6. A) How you often play basketball?
B) How do you often play basketball?
C) How often do you play basketball?
D) How often you play basketball?
7. A) She come home early.
B) She not comes home early.
C) She don't come home early.
D) She doesn't come home early.
8. A) Why doesn't you come to the youth club?
B) Why you not come to the youth club?
C) Why not you come to the youth club?
D) Why don't you come to the youth club?
9. A) My brother never waits for us.
B) My brother doesn't never wait for us.
C) My brother don't ever wait for us.
D) My brother does never wait for us.
10. A) We always go abroad for our holidays.
B) Always we go abroad for our holidays.
C) We go always abroad for our holidays.
D) We go abroad always for our holidays.
11. A) Does Sandra always get up early in the morning?
B) Does Sandra get up early always in the morning?
C) Does Sandra get up always in the morning early?
D) Does Sandra get up always early in the morning?
12. A) When next year do you start at the university?
B) When at the university do you start next year?
C) When do start you at the university next year?
D) When do you start at the university next year?
13. A) We enjoy the theatre, but we don't go very often there
B) We enjoy the theatre, but we don't very often go there
C) We enjoy the theatre, but very often we don't go there
D) We enjoy the theatre, but we don't go there very often
14. A) How much does cost it for the return ticket?
B) How much for the return ticket does it cost?
C) How much does it cost for the return ticket?
D) How does much it cost for the return ticket?
15. A) They don't often phone my mother in London.
B) They often don't phone my mother in London.
C) They don't phone my mother in London often.
D) They don't phone my mother often in London.
16. A) The next train leaves in the morning at two fifteen.
B) The next train leaves at two fifteen in the morning.
C) The next train at two fifteen in the morning leaves.
D) At two fifteen in the morning the next train leaves.
Fill in the missing verbs. Choose the correct variant.
Lots of children have got a part-time job. As for me I ___1___ as a paper boy. I 2___ a paper twice a week, so I 3 at 6.30 on Wednesdays and on Sundays. It 4___ me about an hour.
Sometimes it 5 me longer on Sundays because the Sunday papers are very heavy. My parents (often) 6 me any pocket money, but I need it. The newsagent 7 me two pounds a weekday and three pounds on Sundays, so in a week I 8 five pounds. It 9 certainly nice to have some money in your pocket. I 10___ problems with my job, but I ___11___ getting up early or going out in the rain.
1. A) work 2. A) do 3.A) get up
B) works B) does B) got up
C) not work C) doesn’t C) gets up
D) not works D) do not D) gots up
4. A) take 5. A) take 6. A) do give
B) takes B) takes B) don’t give
C) is take C) is take C) does give
D) is takes D) is takes D) doesn’t give
7. A) pay 8. A) get 9. A) does
B) pays B) gets B) do
C) doesn't pays C) doesn’t get C) are
D) don't pay D) don’t get D) is
10. A) do have 11. A) like
B) doesn’t have B) doesn’t like
C) have no C) like not
D) has no D) don’t like
Present Continuous. Choose the correct variant.
1. A) What is the girl doing now?
B) What the girl is doing now?
C) What doing the girl now?
D) What does the girl doing now?
2. A) What those people are looking for?
B) What are those people looking for?
C) What is those people looking for?
D) What do those people looking for?
3. A) When you are going to have a meal?
B) When do you going to have a meal?
C) When are you going to have a meal?
D) When going you to have a meal?
4. A) Who're shouting at the dog?
B) Who's shouting at the dog?
C) Who shouting at the dog?
D) Who does at the dog shouting?
5. A) Do the children are listening to the teacher?
B) Are listening the children to the teacher?
C) Is the children listening to the teacher?
D) Are the children listening to the teacher?
6. A) How do many students sitting on the stairs?
B) How many students are sitting on the stairs?
C) How many are sitting on the stairs students?
D) How many is sitting students on the stairs?
7. A) Why do they looking at me like that?
B) Why is they looking at me like that?
C) Why are they looking at me like that?
D) Why they are looking at me like that?
8. A) The cat isn't hiding from the dog, isn't it?
B) The cat hiding from the dog, isn't it?
C) The cat is hiding from the dog, doesn't it?
D) The cat is hiding from the dog, isn't it?
9. A) Is the girl speaking rudely or politely?
B) Are the girl speaking rudely or politely?
C) Does the girl speaking rudely or politely?
D) The girl is speaking rudely or politely, isn't she?
10. A) The policemen is pointing at the dog.
B) The policemen isn't pointing at the dog.
C) The policemen are pointing at the dog.
D) The policemen doesn't pointing at the dog.
11. A) It doesn't not raining now.
B) It isn't rain now.
C) It's not raining now.
D)It doesn't raining now.
12. A) Mrs. Bell is no buying for her children ice-cream.
B) Mrs. Bell is buy ice-cream for her children.
C) Mrs. Bell buying ice-cream for her children.
D) Mrs. Bell is buying ice-cream for her children.
13.A) The students aren't drawing nothing.
B) The students are drawing nothing.
C) The students drawing nothing.
D) The students don't drawing nothing.
14.A) John's having a ride.
В) John has having a ride.
С) John having no ride.
D) John is have a ride.
15. A)Why they not cleaning the window?
B) Why they aren't cleaning the window?
C)Why aren't they cleaning the window?
D)Why don't they cleaning the window?
Simple / Continuous. Choose either the Present Simple or Present
Continuous in the following sentences.
A) Present Simple B) Present Continuous
1.What are you doing Nick?
2. I’m cutting the grass.
3. I always cut the grass on Saturdays.
4. It's 1 o'clock. Nick's having lunch.
5. He always has lunch at 1 o'clock.
6. Mrs. Lee is pouring hot water in the tea-pot.
7. She wants to make some tea.
8. The workman is bringing a ladder.
9. He wants to climb up to the roof.
10. My bag is cheaper than yours.
11. We are taking photographs.
12. The parents are in the room next to ours.
13. This book is worth reading.
14. Tom is visiting a friend in Liverpool this weekend.
15. How do you feel when you're in an airport?
16. What do you usually do at the weekend.
17. This novel isn't boring at all.
18. Are you surprised at the news?
19. It's getting cold. I don't want to stay here any longer.
20. I'm tired of doing the same things every day.
Choose the option to put in each sentence.
It's 5 o'clock. She ____ tea.
A) has B) have C) is having D) having
My friend never ____ basketball.
A) playing B) plays C) play D) am playing
3. Sorry, I can't. I ____ lunch.
A) have B) am having C) has D) having
4.They ____ hamburgers and chips.
A) are liking B) likes C) like D) doesn't like
When ____ your homework?
A) is you doing B) you do C) you doing D) do you do
I cook meal and my sister____ the dishes.
A) is wash B) is washing C) washes D) wash
What ____ to do at the end of the lesson?
A) do you go B) are you go C) are you going D) have you go
The boys ____ a game of football at the moment.
A) have B) having C) don't have D) are having
Where ____ usually ____ in the evening?
A) do ... go B) are ... go C) are ... going D)do ... going