I) She always thought him to be right. 2) Every mother wants her child to be happy. 3) I could never understand what made her do that. 4) The parents expected the teacher to improve the child's speech. 5) I heard somebody mention his name. 6) We expect this statement to be true. 7) I believed the calculation to be correct.
3. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на сложное подлежащее:
1) Tsiolkovsky is known to have developed the theory of rocket
2) The experiment was supposed to have been completed.
3) Electric current is known to flow in metal parts.
4) The solution of this problem is said not to be easy.
5) Many new houses are planned to be built in our city.
6) This important problem is sure to be settled very soon.
7) He is likely to be given this work.
8) The match proved to be final.
4. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на форму герундия:
1) I remember having obtained these data in our previous experiments. 2) We were surprised at hearing that he had refused to take part in the scientific conference. 3) We remember having been told about the different points of view on this theory. 4) This scientist achieved great results by working hard at the problem. 5) There are two different methods of solving this problem. 6) I remember having seen this device at our plant. 7) Solving difficult problems is his favourite occupation.
5. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот:
There being an extensive system of free evening and correspondence education in Russia, a great number of people are part-time or correspondence students. 2) The translation having been done, we went for a short walk. 3) College courses finished, all the Russian graduates get work according to their speciality. 4) The new methods having been introduced, the productivity of labour at the plant went up. 5) There is always water vapour in the air, the amount depending upon various conditions. 6) Technical and scientific problems having been solved, the first space flight could be realized. 7) It being very late, we had to return home.