1. Заполните пропуски соответствующей формой глагола to be.
Перепишите предложения на русский язык.
1. Не … a student now. 2. They … students last year. 3. Next year he … here, now he … in the Far East. 4. I …ill yesterday, but now I … quite well. 5. His flat … in the centre of our city. 6. My sister … a teacher .of English. 7. The flat in this house … very comfortable. 8. I … very busy tomorrow, but now I … free. 9. He … rather smart. 10. We … very glad to see you.
2. Следующие предложения сделайте вопросительными и отрицательными.
1. My friend is a correspondence student.
2. She was at the Institute yesterday.
3. We shall be busy tomorrow.
3. Заполните пропуски соответствующей формой глагола to have. Переведите предложении на русский язык.
He … two little brothers, and he always helps them in their work. 2. Yesterday he … very little time and could not finish his work. 3. We … much free time tomorrow morning. 4. My friend … a large library. 5. We went to the concert yesterday and … a good time there. 6. My parents … a comfortable flat now. 7. Tomorrow we … a meeting at the Institute. 8. The children always … dinner at one oclock.
4. Напишите и выучите 3 формы следующих неправильных глаголов:
to begin to speak to be to write to leave to give to pay to run to find to read to know to go to see to come to become
5. Образуйте сравнительную и превосходную степени сравнения от следующих прилагательных:
great, important, small, fine, large, big, good, many, beautiful, poor, easy, little, bad, difficult, rich, warm.
6. Откройте скобки и поставьте прилагательные в сравнительную и превосходную Степень в зависимости от смысла. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1.The winter in England is (warm) than in central Europe.2. Spring is the (good) season in Great Britain. 3. It is the (small) planet in our solar system. 4. The weather becomes (cold) and (cold) every day. 5. The twenty-second of December is the (short ) day of the year. 6. Moscow today is one of the (beautiful) cities in the world. 7. He is the (good) student in our group. 8. Spring is the (pleasant) season in the year.9. Moscow is (big) than Minsk.
7. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на конструкцию the…the.
1. The more I study English, the better 1 read and speak.
2. The better we know this man, the more we like him.
3. The better the weather, the more difficult it is for me to stay at home.
4.The more I look at the picture, the less I like it.
5.The sooner you start, the sooner you finish.
8. Напишите следующие предложения в вопросительной и отрицательной формах.
1. My mother lives with us. 2. Next summer we shall go to the country. 3. He graduated from the Institute two years ago. 4.My sister skates well. 5. I saw him yeasterday.
9. Поставьте вопросы к подчеркнутым словам.
1. She studies at Moscow University. (Where)
2. We came on Sunday. (When)
3. I usually read newspapers in the morning. (What).
10. Поставьте глаголы, заключенные в скобках, в Present, Past u Future Indefinite.
1. He (to write) letters on Sunday.
2.My father (to work) at the plant.
3.They (to play) tennis every day.
11. Переведите следующие предложения. Обратите внимание на значение модальных глаголов и их эквивалентов.
1. Much attention must be given to the education and upbringing of children
2. They had to get up at 6 oclock in the morning.
3.He was very busy yesterday and was not able to finish his work.
4.I cant say that it is easy to combine work-and studies.
5. We are allowed to take examinations in advance.
6. She was not able to do it better.
7. He was right and I had to agree with him.
8. She was not allowed to take this book.
12. Поставьте предложения в вопросительной форме.
1. He can win a great victory.
2. She may ask them about it.
3. I must meet my brother after school.
13. Поставьте предложения в отрицательной форме.
1. I can repair the watch myself.
2. He may select any book on the shelf.
3. She must go now.
14. Поставьте глаголы, заключенные в скобки, в Present Continuous Tense. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. I think she (to skate) now.
2. He (to play) chess with his friend.
3. The child (to sleep) in the open air.
4.The train (to approach) Moscow now.
15.Постаиьте глаголы, заключенные в скобки, в Past Continuous Tense. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. My sister (to stay) in New-York for some days.
2. We (to have) a meeting from 3 till 5 oclock yesterday.
3.They (to wait) for him for 2 hours.
16. Поставьте глаголы, заключенные в скобки, в Future Continuous Tense. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
I (to have) my music lesson at that time tomorrow.
Come to see me at 6 o’clock. I (to wait) for you.
Tomorrow at that time we (to sleep) in the train on our way to the South.
17. Сделайте предложения вопросительными и отрицательными.
1. Не is making his report in English.
2. She was standing at the blackboard at that time.
3.The teacher has given us much homework
4.They have told everything about it.
18. Переведите предложения, обращая внимание на значение слов one, ones.
А. He is a first-year student and she is a second-year one.
I don’t like this dress. Show me another one, please.
These text-books are better than those ones.
B. This concert is as wonderful as the previous one.
Your flowers are as beautiful as his ones.
This car is not so good as that one.
19. Образуйте наречия от следующих прилагательных и переведите их на русский язык.
active, usual, frequent, practical, wide, normal, evident, cold, regular, simple, wonderful, quick, careful
20 .Переведите предложения на русский язык. Найдите и подчеркните наречия.
1. It is a very deep river. 2. I often go to the Institute on foot. 3. He listened to her report attentively. 4. On Sunday I usually get up at 8 oclock. 5. I have never seen this wonderful picture before. 6. She visited me once when I was at the hospital.
21. Заполните пропуски конструкцией there is, there are.
Переведите предложения на русский язык.
…seven faculties at our Institute.
… a kitchen and two rooms in my flat.
… twenty-five students in our group.
22 Сделайте следующие предложения вопросительными.
1. There are many parks in our city.
2. There was a lecture on literature yesterday.
3.There will be a new plan tomorrow.
1. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление времен группы Perfect:
1) Не has told her all about his travel. 2) I have never been to Los-Angeles. 3) Have you finished your homework 4) They have been friends for years. 5) By the time he leaves home,-we shall have come to the station. 6) We are sure that he will have kept his promise. 7) She told us that she had not finished her report yet. 8) He has been the best student in the class. 9) She said she had had her lunch. 10) By the end of the week we shall already have translated this book. 11) They have been absent from class all week.
2. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на местоимения one (ones), that (those):
1) This text is more difficult than that one. 2) One of the students is absent today. 3) One must always try to speak English at our lessons. 4) There is only one way to do it. 5) Those present at the meeting were the teachers from our school. 6) I like to read English books as well as Russian ones. 7) The students of the first group study better than those of the second one. 8) These pictures are better than those. 9) This film is more interesting than that I saw last week. 10) I dont like this book. Give me another one.
3. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление инфинитива:
1) You must get up early to be in time for the lesson.
2) We sometimes stay at our institute to discuss the news.
3) One must study hard to know English well.
4) To improve pronunciation one must read aloud.
5) To learn how to use this method you must solve many problems.
6) He worked hard to complete his experiment in time.
7) It will take you much time to perform this work.
8) To translate this text without a dictionary you must know all the new words.
4. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Определите тип придаточных предложений:
1) Everybody knew that education in the USSR wa free.
2) I consider it is very important to translate the text without a dictionary.
3) The books you spoke about are available in all bookshops.
4) The exercise I asked you about is rather difficult.
5) The information you sent us is of great importance.
6) We know he will keep his word.
7) There are many facts in his biography we still dont know.
5. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление инфинитива:
1) Не was too astonished to speak.
2) To fulfil this task was not easy.
3) I want you to consider the matter at once.
4) It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintance.
5) The work to be done here will take much time.
6) I have come here to help you.
7) Our task is to master English.
8) The problem to be discussed at our meeting is very important.
9) To walk in bad weather is not pleasant.
6. Определите формы с окончанием -ing и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1) I dont like being spoken to in such a manner.
2) You can master the language by speaking English every day.
3) You surprised me by not having done this work in time.
4) I thought of the question being discussed at the meeting.
5) She never did a thing without asking somebodys advice.
6) Reading aloud is very useful.
7) She likes being invited to the theatre.
8) I heard the singing of a bird.
9) She does not like reading aloud.
10) He likes being told such stories.
11) It being very late, we had to return home.
12) The meeting was held at the beginning of the working day.
7. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на форму глагола придаточных предложений:
1) Не said that he had read this book twice.
2) We thought that the results of your work would be better.
3) The boy said that he was only eight years old.
4) I knew that he would refuse to help me.
5) He was sure that I should come in time.
6) She thought that the letter had been written by her friend.
7) They said that it had been raining from five till seven.
8) She said that she could not give me this book because she had promised to give it to her sister.
8. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык. Подчеркните в придаточных предложениях глаголы в сослагательном наклонении:
1) It would have saved you a lot of time if you had prepared for your experiment more carefully.
2) If it were possible to live on the Moon, people would be able to jump about six times as high as they can on the Earth.
3) If he were here now, he would tell us many interesting stories about his trip.
4) If she could, she would certainly help you.
5) It they had had enough time they would have repeated their experiment.
6) Had we known all those facts before, we should have written you about them long ago.
7) Should she come, let her wait a little.
8) If he were here, he would demonstrate the diagrams to us.
9. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на употребление глаголов should, would:
1) She said he would come here in time.
2) If we had started earlier, we should not have missed the train.
3) He would experiment much to get better results.
4) If we had tested this material earlier, we should have used it in our construction work.
5) I should like to carry out research work in the field of engineering materials,
6) You should understand the principle on which a rocket operates.
7) If they had solved the problem, their experiments would have been completed