I'm sorry. They____ (to have) lunch at the moment.
3. I usually ____ (to cook) meals, and my brother ___ (to wash) the dishes.
4. Mr. Anderson ____ (to be) an English tourist who ____ (to travel) to Eastern Europe tomorrow. Just now he ____ (to have) breakfast at home. After breakfast he ____ (to go) to do a lot of things.
5.She's a school teacher. She ____ (to teach) maths.
6. I _____ (to wear) glasses only for reading and watching TV.
7. On Sundays they ____ (to have) dinner at a restaurant.
8. Oh, I ____ (to go) to work as a nurse in Africa, in Kenya, and I____ (to look) forward to it because it's such an exotic country for me.
9. Some pupils are outside. They ____ (to try) to get in.
10. The weather____ (to be) terrible today.
11. You can't miss him. He ____ (to wear) a white jacket, and he ____ (to carry) a striped umbrella.
12. We ____ (to wear) woollen clothes in winter.
13. We ____ (to organize) a holiday walking tour in the North of Scotland. We____(to go) to cover 150 miles of mountainous country in ten days. It ____ (to go) to be a hard work. We ____ (to go) to be wet, cold and tired a lot of the time. But it ____ (to go) to be fun!
14. It ____ (to rain) again.
Simple / Continuous. Choose either the Present Simple or Present Continuous in the following sentences.
A) Present Simple B) Present Continuous
1.The coffee ____ (to taste) delicious.
2. We ____ (to look for) someone who ____ (to want)to make money.
3.John ____ (to play) in the school team this season.
4.____ you ____ (to see) that nice butterfly near the stream?
5. If you ____ (not to listen ) to the radio, please ____ ( to switch) it off.
6. I____ (to hear) someone speaking in the next room.
7. We ____ (to see off) our grandparents this morning.
8. Don't disturb him. He ____ (to water) flowers in the garden.
9.The cook ____ (to taste) the soup to see if it is right.
10. I (to like) this cake, I( to taste) almond in it.
11. I(not to want) to go anywhere. I (to have) a headache. I
( to feel) tired.
12.It __ (to get) dark. Let's go home.
13. Jane (to have) got cold. I (not to think)she'll come to the party.
14. I ____ (to have) my hair cut on Tuesday.
15. The sea ____ (to grow) calmer. We can go to the beach in the afternoon.
16. You ____ (always to make) mistakes in your tests. You should be more attentive.
17. What ____ they ____ (to laugh) at? They ____
(to seem) to be very happy.
18.I ____ (to see ) my employer on Wednesday morning.
Last night I had a strange dream. I ___1___ in the world where all the colours 2 different. The grass 3 orange, the trees 4 white; in the green sky there 5 a purple sun and a moon the colour of blood. I 6 a child again, eight years old, and I 7 lost. But I 8 not frightened. In front of me there 9 a long street, stretching away as far as I could see.
There 10 no people, but all around me I heard the noise of big insects. It __11___ neither cold nor hot. I walked until I came to a church. In the church there 12 hundreds of people, all looking at me. They started to come towards me, slowly at first, then faster and faster. Then I woke up. Test 15
Questions. Choose the correct variant of the question.
Bill was at home last night. He cleaned his clothes. First he put them in the washer. Next he added soap. Later he placed the clothes in the dryer. Then he folded them. Bill was very proud he did it himself.